The International Studies Student Association’s Remote Alumni Mentorship Program is designed to connect the UC San Diego International Studies alumni community with current undergraduate students. Given the diversity of interests held by the members of the International Studies community, this program offers opportunities for students to be matched with alumni on the basis of shared interests as well as career and professional goals. Members who are accepted in to RMP will have the opportunity to foster the development of a network of professionals that is rich in knowledge, expertise and collaboration via communication through email and skype.
- Share knowledge, experience and advice with undergraduate students seeking to prepare for life after UC San Diego
- Network with fellow International Studies alumni
- …there’s no better way to give back to the International Studies community than to invest in a current student!
- Connect with an alumni selected to suit your professional interests
- Receive guidance on academic and professional goals
- Improve professional skills: communication, networking, career-planning and more
Eligibility and Guidelines 2016-2017
The International Studies Student Association’s Remote Alumni Mentorship Program is designed with active members of ISSA at UCSD in mind. Students interested in receiving mentorship who are not currently ISSA members are asked to demonstrate active membership in ISSA. To be considered active members and candidates for mentorship, the following criteria must be met per quarter:
- Attend 2 GBMs
- Attend 1 Social/Professional Development Event (Workshops, Panels, etc)
There are no requirements for being active participants of the Remote Alumni Mentorship Program; once accepted into the program, it is entirely up to the mentor and mentee to make the most out of this opportunity. Mentors and Mentees are encouraged to communicate via email and Skype on a regular, as-needed basis throughout the year.
To apply to be a mentee for RMP, fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdxdG3HlxfwkFvAgvyrE4dUymCeFtPOGt_HbpDR7mcljg7Fjg/viewform
To apply to be a mentor for RMP, fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfyc-q6W4LdDrvym0Tv6YF-ZjLmxCz9yIifzLrJ4bYQcSc1xA/viewform?usp=send_form
The application is open on a rolling basis for the the ’16-’17 RMP program and you will be notified within a few weeks of your submission. Email Janell Ingersoll at firstname.lastname@example.org for other questions/concerns.